Friday, October 19, 2012

Candy Corn Turkey

Happy Friday!

I have visions of candy corn and turkey dancing through my head, as is evident in my Candy Corn Grumpy Turkey.  I didn't mean to give him candy corn for his tail feathers; it just sort of happened.  But I like it.  I think it makes a statement.

I awoke several times in the night to the aroma of slow cooked pork.  Yes, I have been reading creepy books at bedtime, but not last night and there are no pigs in the book either.  The aroma was no figment of my imagination.  The smell wafted from my kitchen where I was indeed slow cooking pork for a tailgating dish.  Yuummmm.  'Tis the season for tailgating, and Halloween candy, and Thanksgiving meal planning (which means I may need to test run some recipes tee hee), and bulging blue jeans!!  AARGGH!  The pounds just creep up on you, don't they?  So, that means it is also the season for blowing the dust off the exercise equipment and tossing those musty workout clothes with a Bounce sheet before putting them back into rotation.  But with the start of the season comes the promise of great things.  Great meals and a little extra bending room in the waist of my favorite bluejeans.  So, I am excited.

I am also excited about my newest skulls.  Several have already found new homes, but a few remain to be adopted.  You can find them in my Etsy shop today.  More to come.  In the past I focused on the earrings, (and some prefer the earrings.  I have already done some custom earrings for those who had bought some last year.  So, if earrings are your thing, just ask!) but this year I have been enjoying the versatility of the pendant -more room to play and more ways to incorporate other materials.  I finally gave in and bought a jar of Renaissance wax to seal my steel.  Anyone have any tips about using this stuff?  I am just winging it at this point.  I also found a punch and die tool at Michaels that is supposed to work on 16 gauge material.  Let's hope it is as sturdy as it looks.  I'll get back with you on that one.

I hope you all have a fabulous Fall Weekend.  Enjoy a cocoa, a lager, a game, or just the sound of the leaves rustling across the patio and the song of the wind chimes as Autumn announces her arrival.

-Renee





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me.