Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Angling...



Tornadoes and thunder storms have defined life here in Oklahoma for the past few weeks.  Yet again, the bed shaking, window rattling rolls of thunder woke me long before the alarm.  Each day I am thankful that the tornadoes have avoided the Tulsa area.

I have been away from my blog for quite some time, but this morning I put my ruby slippers on and clicked them three times before taking my coffee upstairs with the promise that even thirty minutes is better than zero. There are a million excuses for not writing, or creating for that matter.  My family is experiencing a number of changes this year, and I decided that I need to make some changes myself.  I cannot simply allow insignificant excuses determine my days any longer. So, with the rain coursing down the skylights and the household still quiet and asleep I came upstairs to put pen to paper.  After all, “We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” Aristotle.

I mentioned that my household is changing; whose isn’t?  After all, life itself is one series of changes after another, and my daughter turns 12 this month!  Talk about some changes.  Clothing shopping has become a consumer nightmare- we want to buy her nice clothes but either she doesn’t like them or they can’t be found in her size.  Thankfully, she does not ask for clothing and piercings, or even nail polish for that matter.  She loves her books and fish.  That inspired me this morning.  Her favorite fishy topic is the deepest depths where the oddest fish of all live, and nothing else.  (We both find this fascinating.  I may have posted my original hand carved Angler Fish stamp artwork in the past- if not, it will be a future post.)  But this morning I tried my hand at a whimsical drawing with a young girl wearing an angler fish hat.  A fashion accessory I know my daughter would embrace.

Ta for today,
Renee

1 comment:

  1. Love her! You've got Mia down to the last freckle. ;)

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me.